Saturday, May 11, 2013

Action Plan Reflection (Synopsis)


My action research plan focuses on our campus cafeteria and its environment. The students’ behavior and noise level at times seems out of control. At our campus we have had 3 principals in 5 years. In those 5 fives we have had rules and procedures change based on the leadership styles of the current principal. The problem is that with these changes our student’s behavior has not been consistent. Student’s need consistency, and unless a procedure change is made clear to all staff and the new rules are followed by all, implementation of any change will not be effective. These changes are evident in our current student’s behavior in the cafeteria.
 Since I have just begun the plan, I am still reading over literature, scheduling interviews with classroom teachers on the campus, and soon will be analyzing the data from the field notes and surveys. Over summer vacation, I will begin to plot out the future aspects of my research plan. When school begins in August I will began to gather evidence from my data to formulate wondering questions and preparing to interview students on motivational strategies that can be implemented in the cafeteria.
The cafeteria should be a place where students have the opportunity to eat and enjoy their lunch. Proper procedures, rules and expectations should be followed and need to be consistent in order for the environment to be safe and enjoyable. I hope that through this research I can provide the campus with valuable and viable information to use in improving our campus cafeteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment